As we know without the Sun, there will be no life on Earth. Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is a very ancient technique of paying respect or expressing gratitude to the Sun that is the source of all forms of life on the planet.
Table of Contents
Now just knowing how to do Surya Namaskar is not enough. It is also important to understand the science behind this very ancient technique, because a deeper understanding will bring forth the right outlook and approach towards this very sacred and powerful yogic technique.
Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation Yoga is a series of twelve physical postures. These alternating backward and forward bending postures flex and stretch the spinal column through their maximum range giving a profound stretch to the whole body.
The Science behind Surya Namaskar
It has been said by the ancient sages of India that the different part of the body are governed by different Devas (God). The solar plexus (located behind the navel, which is the central point of the human body) is said to be connected with the Sun. This is the main reason why the ancient sages recommended the practice of Surya Namaskar. Because the regular practice of the Surya Namaskar enhances the solar plexus, which increases one’s creativity and intuitive abilities.
“The body (through the physical movement), the mind (though the solar plexus) and the spirit (through the chants) get a boost from the practice of Surya Namaskar. “
Why Start the Day With Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar is a set of 12 postures, preferably to be done at the time of sunrise. The regular practice of Surya Namaskar improves circulation of blood throughout the body, maintains health, and helps one remain disease-free. There are numerous benefits of Surya Namaskar for the heart, liver, intestine, stomach, chest, throat, legs. From head to toe, every part of the body is greatly benefited by Surya Namaskar, which is why it is highly recommended by ancient sages of India.
“Surya Namaskar can be done any time on an empty stomach. However, morning is considered to be the best time for Surya Namaskar. “
So here are the list of some benefits of Sun Salutation Yoga. You can experience it yourself.
Manifold Benefits of Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation :
- Tones up the digestive system by the alternate stretching and compression of abdominal organs. It activates digestion and gets rid of constipation and dyspepsia.
- Strengthens abdominal muscles.
- Thoroughly ventilates the lungs, and oxygenates the blood.
- Acts as detoxifying agent, by getting rid of enormous quantity of carbon dioxide and other toxic gases.
- Promotes sleep and calms anxiety.
- Tones up the nervous system and improves memory.
- Normalizes the activity of the endocrine glands – especially the thyroid gland.
- Refreshes the skin. Prevents Skin disorders.
- Improves muscle flexibility.
- In women, stimulates the breasts to help firmness normally. Restores any lost elasticity, through stimulation of glands and the strengthening of pectoral muscles.
- menstrual irregularity and assists in easy childbirth.
- Prevents loss of hair and graying.
- Helps reduce fat.
- Reduces abnormal prominence of the Adam’s apple.
- Eliminates unpleasant smells from the body.
- Lends grace and ease of movements to the body.
- Revives and maintains the spirit of youthfulness.
- Broadens chest and beautifies arms.
- Makes the spine and waist flexible.
- Produces health, strength, efficiency and longevity.
Who should not do Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation?
- Pregnant women should not practice this after third month of pregnancy.
- Patients of Hernia and high blood pressure are warned against this practice.
- People suffering from back conditions should seek proper advice before commencing Surya Namaskar.
- Women should avoid Surya Namaskar during menses.
“Develop Your Sixth Sense with a regular practice of Surya Namaskar and Meditation.”
The manifold benefits of Surya Namaskar help keep the body healthy and the mind calm. Thus, a regular practice of Surya Namaskar is highly recommended for all of us.
Short n Sweet Highly knowledgeable Contents…
blog yang cukup menarik, dan themes yang sangat seo frendly.
Hello my name is Natalie and I just wanted to send you a quick note here instead of calling you. I came to your Manifold Benefits of the Sun Salutation Yoga – Surya Namaskar